The Definitive Guide to Types of Light fixtures – Wall lights
There are mainly 3 types of Light Fixtures
- Ceiling Lights
- Link to Types of Ceiling Lights – https://thearchspace.com/types-of-ceiling-lights/
- Wall Sconces
- Lamps and Shades
- Link to Types of lamps and shades – https://thearchspace.com/light-fixtures-lamps-and-shades/
In this article, you will find basic information related to Wall Sconces.
Wall Sconces are light fixtures attached to the wall as support where the light is directed upwards/downwards/tilted. In addition to the ceiling lights, scones add extra brightness to the room and create an inviting atmosphere.
They are available in a variety of colors, materials, colors, styles, shades, etc. Also useful in places where you need a bit of light like a reading room or a specific area like a staircase. Sconces create a decorative feature than a functional purpose.
They impart a stylish and gentle background illumination and are typically installed in pairs on either side of the frame of doorways or either side of beds to create a balance.
Barn lights are attractive, and functional and provide outdoor building space with stylish and bright illumination.
Many of the barn lights are available in metal, aluminum, and galvanized finishes that are ideal for vintage, contemporary, and industrial styles.
Armed sconces are unique as they feature a decorative arm that attaches to a base and fits in a variety of styles.
Few of them come with a swing arm, where they can swing in different directions.
They give an effect of the combination of wall lamps and torchiers together, most of them come with decorative designs and are beautiful.
They are available in a variety of designs and blend with any design style.
LED Strip Lights
Also known as ribbon lights comes with adhesive backing by surface mounted light emitting diodes.
They are used for different variety of applications such as cabinet lighting, kitchens, ceilings, TV backlighting, bedroom headboards, etc.,
Wall Sconces also vary according to
- Mount Type
- Fixture Color/Finish
- Fixture Material
- Fixture Distributor
According to Mount Type
- Mount Type – Flush type and Semi-flush type
- Flush type- Flush with interior wall
- Semi-flush type – The light fixture is attached to an arm that connects to a plate.
- Ex. Barn lights, wall lanterns
- Type of lighting fixture installed into the wall and sit flush with the wall.
As Per Fixture Color/Finish
- Chrome, bronze, nickel, graphite, copper, gold.
- Black, blue, orange, grey.
- Graphite finishes resemble black stainless steel and create a uniquely modern feel.
- Bronze finishes create an antique vibe.
According to Style
- European Vintage Style
- Art Deco
- Rustic etc. and many more
Types of Light Fixtures According to Fixture Material
- Clear glass, Colored glass, etched glass, frosted glass, polished glass
- Different types of glass designs capture light and diffuse light very well. They create beautiful patterns on the walls.
- It offers neutral styling creating a simple and elegant look.
- Beautiful glass crystals create a shimmery glow in any room and offer a luxurious feel
- It offers an aesthetic appeal and a relaxing mood. Mostly preferred for bedrooms.
- Mostly suitable for modern and contemporary décor
- Wood, resin, ceramic, etc.,
Leave a Reply