How to Decor Your Interiors in Traditional Style
Traditional style is inspired from 18th and 19th century European decor with distinctive classic details, timeless shapes and finer details.
Some of the Features of this Style are
-Inspired from 18th and 19th century European decor.
-Classic details and timeless shapes, finer details
-Symmetry, antiques, pieces with history, elegant in style
-Dark woods, silhouettes, arches, trims, railings
-Floor: hardwood floors, stone
-Colors: walls with neutral colors, use of dark colors like red, brown, green
-Furniture: tufted upholstery with soft and smooth edges
-Fabric/textiles: heavy and luxurious materials like silk, velvet, leather, patterned fabrics
-Décor-antique pieces, classic art work, jewel tones, sculptures
-Details: ornate cornice, crown moldings, wood paneling
Furnishings are inspired by 18th-century décor with ornate designs with a classic and elegant appeal. Furniture is molded with materials like crafted wood and stone featuring intricate details creating a unique style remembering stories from history. They are upholstered with materials like leather, linen, etc. with soft edges and curves. Cotton, microfiber also can go with this style. Most of the upholstered are in dark colors of brown, black, etc., and neutral colors also work elegantly in this style.
- Solid wood tufted cushions wingback chair
- Stone tabletop metal base pedestal type accent table
- Decorative wood console table
- Crafted wooden frame traditional sofa
Natural fibers like cotton, silk, leather with smooth/textured finish with either dark or neutral colors blend elegantly with traditional style.
- Chair with upholstery fabric of grey and textural finish
- Throw blankets and Pillows-golden brown colour
- Hand-crafted throw pillow
- Floral pattern area rug
Flooring and Ceiling
Traditional style homes incorporate flooring with solid hardwood (reclaimed/distressed wood), stone in wide planks/panels and most of the ceilings with exposed wooden beams, ornate cornices and skirting in straight lines or curved shapes with clear and finer details exhibiting classic approach.
- Hand-scraped grey colour oak flooring
- limestone flooring
- rectangular ceiling with cornice
Sculptures, antique pieces, handcrafted elements, metal artwork, etc. organise traditional style homes which brings vintage and antique look to your home.
- Wood or metal finish ornate candle holders
- Wall decor-classic wall art
- Wood carved sculptural set
Traditional style lights feature dark colour traditional finishes like wood, metallic finishes such as brass, bronze, wrought iron etc. or a combination of both.
- Metal and crystal candle style chandelier
- Hand molded antlers with texture and detail
- Wrought iron lantern wall sconce
The Definitive guide to different interior design styles are