A Quick Start Guide to Design in Rustic Style
Main features of Rustic style are Earthy tones, Natural materials, Organic materials, Traditional finishes, Handcrafted elements.
Some of the Features of Rustic Style are
- Earthy color tones such as mud-brown, dark red, creamy beige, charcoal grey etc.
- Emphasis on textures (rough)
- Natural materials like wood, stone
- for ex, wood – distressed wood, reclaimed timber, wide planks
- Natural fabrics such as cotton, wool, linen
- ex: unprinted textural linen
- Warm atmosphere
- Handcrafted showpieces
- Organic elements
- Non shiny surfaces
Rustic style furniture offers a country look, earthy appearance, traditional touch and is aesthetically pleasing. Hardwood materials with natural textured wood grain not only bring stable support but are also environmentally friendly.
- Furniture crafted from solid oak with unfinished edges.
- Barn style coffee table.
- Vintage walnut accent table.
- Fabric upholstery with a neutral colour and textural finish adds comfort and sophistication. If you want furniture as the focal point of the room, add Vibrant colours to fabric upholstery.
Natural fibres, neutral colours, and handcrafted textiles blend elegantly in rustic style.
- Upholstery fabric with grey and textural finish.
- Throw blankets and Pillows-Beige colour.
- Hand-crafted throw pillow.
- Rugs-Hand loomed area rugs using natural fibres like jute, animal hides.
Flooring and Ceiling
Rustic homes incorporate flooring with scraped solid hardwood or reclaimed wood in wide planks and most of the ceilings with exposed wooden beams.
- Light brown oak flooring with a distressed matte finish.
- Hand-scraped grey colour hickory flooring.
Rustic homes are organized with handcrafted elements, organic pieces that bring an earthy touch to your home.
- Baskets – handwoven decorative baskets
- Wall decor-natural wood wall art
- Mirror-wide frame mirror with natural wood.
- Handmade quilts
Rustic style lights feature dark colour traditional finishes like wood, metallic finishes such as brass, bronze, wrought iron, etc.
- Brushed nickel chandelier with weather wood accents.
- Hand-molded antlers with texture and detail.
- Wrought iron wall sconce.
The Definitive guide to different interior design styles are
Leave a Reply