Glass partition designs come in a variety of styles, décor, frameworks, etc., that serve different commercial purposes.
Glass partitions are non-load-bearing panes of glass that make room dividers.
They create open and airy atmospheres, typically full-height glass partitions. The floor space is not sacrificed with light diffusion.
Types of Glass Partition
These walls are constructed either with Glass sheets or Glass blocks.
- Glass Sheets – fixing sheet glass/panes of glass in timber or metal framework.
- Bricks/Glass blocks – Hollow glass blocks/bricks
Sheets and Glass Partition Designs
- These are Panes/Sheet glass fixed in timber or metal frameworks.
- Ideal for commercial and office environments as well as residential spaces.
- Single or double glass can be used for partitions that are available in different colors.
- Affordable than conventional building partitions.
- Mobility – Can be rearranged to suit different needs.
- Opacity-allow natural light into interior space.
- Transparency and scalable.
- Create connectivity and remove barriers between workspaces and users.
- Glass sheets come with a variety of types, designs, patterns, colors, etc.,
- Clear, tinted, or opaque
- Toughened glass
- Tempered glass
- Sandblasted glass
- Float glass, etc
Find more about glass at https://thearchspace.com/architectural-glass/
Glass Partition Designs
Decorative glass – Transparent designs-custom logos, images, graphics, etc. These designs can be produced on panes with film or screen printing.
Lacquered glass – Produced by applying high-quality paint on float glass.
Patterned glass -Texture imprinted onto the surface.
Steel glass Partitions
Glass panes in steel-framed systems (Steel framework bonded horizontally and vertically)
Aluminium Framed Glass Partitions
- This partition system includes aluminum framed hinged doors or sliding doors with a bottom (and upper) guide track.
- These are slimmer profile systems and prevent corrosion.
Full glass partitions
Floor-to-ceiling glass installation with hinged or sliding doors or a combination of both.
Wooden frame glass partitions
Glass fixed in an exposed wooden frame.
Solar control, safety glass panels, Fire-rated /fire protection panels, Laminated glass panels, Scratch resistant, Integrated LEDs, etc.
Glass blocks/bricks are useful as partition walls or screen walls or as replacing a window. It also provides privacy, however, aesthetics is an enhancing point.
Each unit of block can be hollow or solid and is available in a wide variety of sizes, styles, opacity, colors, etc.
They are manufactured as individual blocks or pre-assembled Panels. Special glass blocks are produced for different glass partition designs and for various applications:
- Fire resistant
- Gas insulated
- Bullet resistant
- Solar reflecting
Smooth that has a clear view
Texture on inside faces
Cloudy, frozen, storty effects
Tinted colors and injected matte colors
Geometric designs – parallel, cross, pyramid, etc.
- Glass walls allow natural light into the room.
- Can be used in dry and wet conditions.
- Durable and provide security.
- Thermal and sound insulation
- Blocks natural ventilation.
- Structural issues have to be taken care
Square shape units typically-6×6″,8×8″,12×12″ sizes
Rectangular shape units-typically-4×8″,6×8″
Glass blocks are installed by several methods. The most common are:
- 1. Using a standard mortar
- 2. Mortar with plastic connectors.
- 3. Motarless/using vertical and horizontal spacers.