Glass Partition Designs And Its Types
Glass partition designs come in a variety of styles, décor, frameworks, etc., that serve different commercial purposes.
Glass partitions are non-load bearing panes of glass that make room dividers.
They create open and airy atmospheres, typically full-height glass partitions. The floor space is not sacrificed with light diffusion.
These walls are constructed either with Glass sheets or Glass blocks.
- Glass Sheets – fixing sheet glass/panes of glass in timber or metal framework.
- Bricks/Glass blocks – Hollow glass blocks/bricks
- These are Panes/Sheet glass fixed in timber or metal frameworks.
- Ideal for commercial and office environments as well as residential spaces.
- Single or double glass can be used for partitions that are available in different colors.
- Affordable than conventional building partitions.
- Mobility – Can be rearranged to suit different needs.
- Opacity-allow natural light into interior space.
- Transparency and scalable.
- Create connectivity and remove barriers between workspaces and users.
- Glass sheets come with a variety of types, designs, patterns, colors, etc.,
- Clear, tinted or opaque
- Toughened glass
- Tempered glass
- Sandblasted glass
- Float glass, etc
Glass Partition Designs
Decorative glass – Transparent designs-custom logos, images, graphics, etc. Can be applied on panes with film or screen printing.
Lacquered glass – Produced by applying high quality paint on float glass.
Patterned glass -Texture imprinted onto the surface.
Steel glass Partitions
Glass panes in steel-framed systems (Steel framework bonded horizontally and vertically)
Aluminium Framed glass Partitions
- This partition system includes aluminum framed hinged doors or sliding doors with a bottom (and upper) guide track.
- These are slimmer profile systems and prevents corrosion.
Full glass partitions
Floor to ceiling glass installation with hinged or sliding doors or a combination of both.
Wooden frame glass partitions
Glass fixed in exposed wooden frame.
Solar control, safety glass panels, Fire-rated /fire protection panels, Laminated glass panels, Scratch resistant, Integrated LEDs, etc.
Glass blocks/bricks are used as partition walls or screen walls or as a window replacement.Provides privacy in addition to aesthetics.
Each unit of block can hollow or solid and are available in wide variety of sizes, styles, opacity, colors, etc.
They are manufactured as individual blocks or pre-assembled Panels. Special glass blocks are produced for different glass Partition designs and for various applications:
- Fire resistant
- Gas insulated
- Bullet resistant
- Solar reflecting
Smooth that has clear view
Texture on inside faces
Cloudy, frozen, storty effects
Tinted colors and injected matte colors
Geometric designs – parallel, cross, pyramid, etc.
- Glass walls allow natural light into the room.
- Can be used in dry and wet conditions.
- Durable and provide security.
- Thermal and sound insulation
- Blocks natural ventilation.
- Structural issues have to be taken care
Square shape units typically-6×6″,8×8″,12×12″ sizes
Rectangular shape units-typically-4×8″,6×8″
Glass blocks are installed by several methods. Most common are:
- 1.Using a standard mortar
- 2.Mortar with plastic connectors.
- 3.Motarless/using vertical and horizontal spacers.