Eclectic Style combines different periods and styles for a cohesive look and a mixture of various colours, textures, and patterns.
Features of Eclectic Style
- Combining different periods and styles for a cohesive look
- A mixture of various colors, textures, finishes, and shapes.
- Geometric shapes, contrasting colors, patterns
- Replenish the space with objects you love.
- Materials: mix of materials with textures, colors, and finishes.
- Fabrics/textiles: rough and smooth textures, patterns
- Color: palates vary in different themes, neutral background colors, and accent colors
- Furniture: rough textures and finishes
- Décor: gallery wall with art, handmade items, and statement objects.
Furnishings are a fusion of different styles (modern and classic) with an attractive mix of patterned upholstery and colors; materials (old and new, soft and hard); wood, metal, glass, etc. For illustration a Victorian-style coffee table is paired with a contemporary armchair, a dining table has two different types of chair, and a traditional-style coffee table with printed or floral patterns of throw pillows and rugs in a living room.
- Industrial-style solid wood buffet table
- Rustic style oak finish framed TV stand
- cream and brown color ottoman
- Mid-century modern two-piece end table
In this style, materials with contrasting colors, patterns, textures (smooth and rough textured), and a mix of bright colors such as red, green, purple, orange, etc., with added textures, and bold patterns not only create unique design but also add richness and luxurious feel to the room. Textiles with various prints and pattern-geometric, printed, floral, ikat pattern, etc., of cushions, blankets, throws, and curtains have to coordinate with each other.
- Chair with upholstery fabric of blue and textural finish
- Printed throw pillow cover
- Floral pattern pillow crafted from jute and cotton
- Traditional and luxury-styled curtain
Walls, Flooring and Ceiling
Flooring and ceilings with neutral colors and simple patterns, walls with neutral/colorful accents with simple design wallpapers, statement pieces, and handmade items add visual interest and boast eclectic interior décor. The coordination of multiple colors within a room brings an attractive and cohesive look to the eclectic style within.
- Tiles with geometric floor pattern
- earthy tone herringbone pattern hardwood flooring
- Gold beetles printed on wallpaper
Eclectic style homes are organized with various type of accessories; vintage pieces, memoirs from travel that gathers our travel memories, mirrors, wooden baskets, colorful and patterned throw pillows, patterned rugs that bring softness and comfort for underfoot, plants/ hanging pots that create a relaxing atmosphere to the room. In addition, walls with beautifully decorated artwork, and handcrafted pieces bring in personality and visual interest in this style.
- Photographic print wall frame
- Metal wall decor
- Oriented hand-knotted pattern area rug
- Carved accent signature style mirror
Ambient lighting decorated with floor and table lamps, lanterns, and candles with a combination of classic or modern materials, accents of wood, and handmade light fixtures adds beauty, serenity, and a vibrant atmosphere to the Eclectic style. In addition, light fixtures can act as statement pieces in any room.
- Flush mount metal crystal chandelier
- Metal and fabric cage-style table lamp
- Mid-century modern-style floor lamp
The Definitive Guide to Different Interior Design Styles: