What are the Features of Eclectic Style?
Eclectic Style combines different periods and styles for a cohesive look and a mixture of various colours, textures, and patterns.
Some of the Features of this Style are
- Combining different periods and styles for a cohesive look
- A mixture of various colors, textures, finishes, shapes.
- Geometric shapes, contrasting colors, patterns
- Replenish the space with objects you love.
- Materials: mix of materials with textures, colors, finishes.
- Fabrics/textiles: rough and smooth textures, patterns
- Color: palates vary different themes, neutral background colors and accent colors
- Furniture: rough textures and finishes
- Décor: gallery wall with art, handmade items, statement objects.
Furnishings are fusion of different styles (modern and classic) with an attractive mix of patterned upholstery and colors; materials (old and new, soft and hard); wood, metal, glass etc. For illustration a Victorian style coffee table is paired with contemporary armchair, a dining table has two different types of chair, etc. traditional style coffee table with printed or floral patterns of throw pillows and rugs in a living room.
- Industrial style solid wood buffet table
- Rustic style oak finish framed tv stand
- cream and brown colour ottoman
- Mid-century modern two-piece end table
In this style, materials with contrasting colors, patterns, textures (smooth and rough textured), mix of bright colors such as red, green, purple, orange, etc., with added textures, bold patterns not only create unique design, but also add richness and luxurious feel to the room. Textiles with various prints and pattern-geometric, printed, floral, ikat pattern etc., of cushions, blankets, throws, curtains have to coordinate with each other.
- Chair with upholstery fabric of blue and textural finish
- Printed throw pillow cover
- Floral pattern pillow crafted from jute and cotton
- Traditional and luxury styled curtain
Walls, Flooring and Ceiling
Flooring and ceilings with neutral colors and simple patterns, walls with neutral/colorful accents with simple design wall papers, statement pieces, handmade items add visual interest and boast eclectic interior décor. Coordination of multiple colors within a room brings an attractive and cohesive look to eclectic style within.
- Tiles with geometric floor pattern
- earthy tone herringbone pattern hardwood flooring
- Gold beetles printed on wallpaper
Eclectic style homes are organized with various type of accessories; vintage pieces, memoirs from travel that gathers our travel memories, mirrors, wooden baskets, colorful and patterned throw pillows, patterned rugs that bring softness and comfort for underfoot, plants/ hanging pots that create a relaxing atmosphere to the room. In addition, walls with beautifully decorated art works, handcrafted pieces bring in personality and visual interest in this style.
- Photographic print wall frame
- Metal wall decor
- Oriented hand-knotted pattern area rug
- Carved accent signature style mirror
Ambient lightings decorated with floor and table lamps, lanterns, candles with a combination of classic or modern materials, accents of wood, handmade light fixtures add beauty, serenity and vibrant atmosphere to Eclectic style. In addition, light fixtures can act as statement pieces in any room.
- Flush mount metal crystal chandelier
- Metal and fabric cage style table lamp
- Mid-century modern style floor lamp
The Definitive guide to different interior design styles are
Leave a Reply